- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/2 cup spelt flour/wholemeal flour
- 1 cup water/almond milk
- 3 Tbs flaxseed/ or 1 egg
- 4 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Ts bircabonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Bunch of spinach
- 8 Mushrooms
- Mix all ingredients in a blender for about 5 minutes until smooth.
- Heat a frying pan on medium gas, add a bit of oil and spread the mix to create a thin oatcake, use a lid and flip it over after 5 minutes.
- If the mix is very thick add some water, you don’t want it too runny or to thick. You can serve with sautéed spinach and mushrooms.
- This is how I do it:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic in the oil until tender. Add the mushrooms and after 3 to 4 minutes toss in the spinach, stirring constantly for a few minutes.
Benefits: Spinach are low in fat and even lower in cholesterol.